Different glue is used for different quality plywood. UF glue is for interior plywood production and it is the most consumed glue in the Vietnamese plywood industry. Phenolic formaldehyde glue is relatively rare as there is lower demand for phenolic bonded plywood.
There are many types of new glue emerging in the Vietnamese plywood industry. Such as MDI, Soybean Glue, etc. As a plywood manufacturer in Vietnam, we mainly use PF, MUF and UF glue in the production of our wood panels.
UF glue is the most common glue used in the plywood industry, it is a synthetic glue made from a reaction tank between Urea and Formalin at a suitable temperature with an additive that is a catalyst/reaction inhibitor such as formic acid and sodium hydroxide.
There are many UF glue types such as E0, E1, E2 glue types, in which E2 glue and mixed water glue are used popular in Vietnam, which are usually used for exterior uses that do not have high requirements on formaldehyde emission and do not have strict requirements on quality.
- People often use E0 and E1 UF glue for furniture indoor, because formaldehyde emission is permitted by many governments.
- And the E2 UF glue is more popular in many Factories in Vietnam and it’s usually used in exterior uses.
- The UF glue is very popular in the market
- The price is cheaper than other glues. The pressing time is relatively short.
- Poor water resistance
- non-moisture resistant for plywood sheet
- Mechanical strength is not high.
MUF glue is a very popular WBP (Water Boiled Proof) glue in Vietnam, basically, MUF glue is produced the same as UF glue, it is a heat reaction process between Formalin and Urea under the catalysis/inhibition of Formic Acid and Sodium hydroxide. The difference between MUF and UF glue is that melamine is added during the reaction process of MUF glue.
MUF glue has diverse classifications from E0 to E2 types for local and export production. Depending on the melamine percent in the glue, the properties of the glue are also different. The more percent melamine includes the more water resistance plywood quality gain. The maximum level for water resistance is up to 72 hours boiling time.
MUF glue is suitable with outdoor furniture and waterproof requirement such as marine plywood , film faced plywood, shuttering board, LVL,…
- Diverse classification
- Water-resistance is quite good, mechanical strength is relatively good.
- Moisture resistance for plywood sheet
- It’s can not use MUF glue in production when the moisture content of the core veneer is high.
- The higher adhesion than UF glue, which keeps the core board out of delamination when cutting.
- In production, the workers have to use many techniques for producing plywood.
- High price
>> 3 kinds of formwork plywood from Vietnam<<
PF glue is a special thermoplastic glue combining Phenol and Formaldehyde used in the plywood industry. Because of the special bonds between Phenol and Formaldehyde molecules in the baze environment of the endothermic reaction, therefore, it’s very tight and durable chains.
PF glue is a type of glue mainly used to press wood such as construction plywood, water-resistant, heat-resistant MDF board, etc. Plywood made from this glue can achieve high heat resistance, withstand boiling for more than 72 hours without peeling and delamination, so it is an indispensable glue for outdoor works.
- Extremely high temperature and mechanical strength
- Good water resistance
- Raw materials used for production are not common
- High price
- High formaldehyde emission
>> Formaldehyde standard in Vietnamese Plywood<<
The above are the most commonly used glues in the plywood industry, everyone can refer to choose the right glue for their needs.
Whatsapp: +84 389 408 805